Meetings and Congresses LeadApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 9+ months
Job Summary: This role will monitor and manage the groups’ effectiveness, provide counsel, promote cost savings initiatives, and ensure programs follow consistency and standardization while adhering to controls & compliance guidelines.
- Establish and maintain business plans and develop positive business relationships with sales and marketing, and other senior management to ensure the plans align with the Commercial Organization’s goals and objectives
- Lead and facilitate business process assessments, making recommendations, socializing, and facilitating implementation of changes
- Forecasts costs and manages budget, negotiate favorable pricing with a wide variety of vendors and ensure timely payment of invoices and billing reconciliation, including accruals with Finance
- Create and execute detailed plans for events that include a mix of the company’s and external personnel as well as booths, meeting rooms, symposia and/or other activities.
- Ability to influence without authority and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel regarding every aspect of Meeting & Congress Management
- Strong organizational and project management skills (multi-tasking is a must)
- Continuous Improvement and/or Change Management skills
- Solid business acumen
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and International
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years relevant experience in Commercial and/or congress, conference, or events management.
- Strong analytical ability to solve problems and make recommendations
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.