Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts 01801-1721
Employment Type: Contract
Contract length: 4 months
Job Summary: This Mechanical Engineer position is responsible for leading the designs, development, as well as V&V testing of laboratory systems and consumables that are used for biological and chemical applications. This includes new designs and support for existing products. The right candidate must be a team player and independent contributor as necessary, and demonstrate a wide degree of creativity.
- Work on inter-functional teams to conceive and design high tolerance ultrasound based instrumentation and consumable supplies.
- Plan, design and develop, and modify new and existing products. Design work will include, but is not limited to, high volume consumables, precision fluid handling and fluidics, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies, and sheet metal enclosures.
- Use SolidWorks to design parts, assemblies, and systems including high tolerance metal and plastic parts (molded and machined), precision mechanisms, thermo-fluidic (and micro-fluidic) systems, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Provide hands-on testing for design verification.
- BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
- Advanced SolidWorks skills
- 3-5 years of industry experience in sophisticated mechanical design including product design and volume manufacturing;
- Experience with tight tolerance machined parts, precision mechanisms, GT&D, and strong drafting skills are necessary for success;
- Practical knowledge of the use and application of engineering materials (including fabrication processes, plating, etc.);
- Experience with motorized multi-axis motion and robotic systems for grasping and moving small parts including position sensing;
- Experience with high volume product design for Manufacturability;
- Experience with lab testing and analysis techniques (FTIR, SEM, etc.);
- Expertise with Quality control processes including failure analysis;
- Medical device design and development experience preferred;
- Ability to work in an ISO environment following procedures and processes document control is a must.
- Comfortable in a lab environment working around biological samples to include blood;
- Cabling and wire harness design;
- Acoustics background or understanding of acoustic concepts;
- Understanding and appreciation genetic research methods, techniques, and tools;
- An ability to work with scientists to elicit root cause analysis and symptoms of issues for proof of concept systems
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.