Mechanical Design EngineerApply Now
Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 8 months
Job Summary: We are seeking a temporary and well-versed mechanical engineering professional who will work in a cross functional team environment of engineering, scientific, and manufacturing disciplines. The candidate will aid the manufacturing transfer of a new product in our line of in vivo imaging systems. The candidate will be required to collaborate with other hardware engineers to release new designs and develop test fixtures.
- Responsible for the complete concept, design, development, analysis and documentation of mechanical devices and/or systems with mechanical parts for new and existing products.
- Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Investigates problems with machinery and suggests and implements solutions.
- Revise mechanical drawings with the guidance of design engineers
- Release and track drawings and supporting material in a document control system
- Structure Bills of Materials in a document control system
- Execute and track engineering change orders as necessary
- Develop (design, build, test) and document simple electromechanical test fixtures.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or similar with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with SolidWorks or similar CAD software (modeling, drawing, and assembly)
- Experience with the design and evaluation of mechanical and electrical components and systems
- Proven experience with machine components (motors, cables, sheet metal, machined parts, etc.)
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.