Manufacturing Associate, PVUApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract length: 6 months to start, likely to extend or convert
Job Summary: The individual in this role will be part of a cohesive team responsible for producing GMP mRNA-based personalized cancer vaccines for evaluation in human clinical trials. He/she will apply existing and new knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and cGMPs to enable technical success with stringent adherence to a Quality System that respects global regulatory expectations. The successful candidate will be able to document and communicate their technical and operational observations clearly and efficiently. They will be able to operate pilot-scale bioprocessing equipment and interact fluidly with peers and supervisors in Manufacturing, and cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Logistical and Process Development Technology Transfer counterparts.
- Produce mRNA Personalized Cancer Vaccines
- Execute manufacturing operations using disposable technologies, automation and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Develop batch records, SOPs and training materials for startup of the Facility
- Closely partner with QA peers for rapid disposition of personalized cancer vaccines
- Demonstrate general knowledge of standard manufacturing practices and equipment.
- Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing documentation. Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operation and process instructions, and of process data.
- Monitor process operations to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Assist in the investigation of procedural deviations.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency.
- Adhere to gowning procedures and maintain a clean general operating area.
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
- 1-3 years of experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or related field, Associates with 4+ years related experience or 5+ years of related GMP experience
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced production environment at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP
- Ability to collaborate fluidly with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.