Manager, Server EngineeringApply Now
Location: Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Contract Length: Temp-to-Perm
Job Summary: This individual will be responsible for enterprise level design and expert level knowledge of the company’s server environment both physical and virtual.
- Provides leadership in design engineering of enterprise-wide servers to provide optimized applications and system performance across the Lifespan locations.
- Leads design and implementation projects involving next generation server technologies including hyper-convergence and virtualization of server delivery where possible. Designs architectural integrity (end to end) for successful implementation of new technologies. Provides expert level support to other engineers and personnel within the team.
- Leads projects to evaluate test select and implement hardware software and strategies for achieving security high availability and flexibility in all aspects of systems delivery including server physical and virtual appliances application content management and performance management/monitoring.
- Performs planning in all levels of server technologies including convergence and virtualization technologies and competitive performance to maximize return on investment.
- Ensures best practice change management processes for all devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science electrical engineering IS or related field preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco Citrix Dell and VMWare architectures security virtualization and server architecture.
- Exposure to EMC storage connectivity a plus.
- Five or more years work experience in server systems analysis/design including at least two years of related engineering experience reflecting server architectural design for a multi-site high availability server infrastructure.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.