Manager Planning and OperationsApply Now
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 10 months
Job Summary: This individual will provide support to the SMPA Meeting Planning, Travel, and Dining Services Department.
- Manage and deliver meeting venue sourcing and event planning services for a variety of events and meetings
- Contribute to several workstreams and provide support with forecasting, budgeting, planning, execution, and reconciliation of a variety of projects.
- Lead, coordinate and execute event planning and logistic components of assigned internal and external events, including site recommendations, budgets, F&B, audio visual production, agenda development, travel arrangements, attendee communications, project management, on-site support, and post event reconciliation and reporting.
- Serve as a consultative resource to stakeholders and department team members. Contribute to strategy, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and reconciliation of events of varying size and scope.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of meetings management and travel management experience
- Experience in negotiation, contract administration, analytics, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and ability to collaborate, influence, and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop solid interpersonal relationships through strong communication and commitment to excellent service
- Ability to liaise with other teammates to obtain support and knowledge
- Ability to create, maintain and work within a budget
- Flexibility and ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.