Location: Bedford, Massachusetts 01730-1420
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 12 Months
Job Summary: With support from department core competencies, including analytical and computational structural methods, material science engineering, mechanical systems design, thermal fluids and heat transfer modeling, and the Mechanical Reliability Lab, the fabrication facility has the skills and resources to fabricate novel mechanical parts and systems to enable solutions to complex challenges.
- Work with Shop Foreman, Engineers, and other shop staff to fabricate and produce quality parts.
- Support and development of advanced communication, navigation, and sensor systems.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and skill to fabricate prototype and short run production of parts from Prints and CAD models with the ability to hold to + - .0005 tolerances when necessary.
- Have knowledge and experience in machining metals, plastics, fiberglass, composites, and wood.
- Safely operate Grinders, Shears, Sanders, Drill Presses, Horizontal and Vertical Band Saws, Table Saws, Radial Arm Saws, and all types of electric hand tools.
- Support a design group of engineers and technologists applying leading edge technology to develop electronic systems to solve challenging problems.
- Support fielding of systems, as needed, to include kitting, set-up, operation, test and tear-down
- Read, interpret, and fabricate from shop drawings using appropriate fabrication and welding processes.
- Responsibilities include maintaining shop and equipment used in shop processes.
- Following all proper safety guidelines and wearing proper PPE.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in machining. More years of experience is a plus.
- Fabricator will be able to set-up and operate manual milling machines and manual lathes.
- Knowledge, proficiency, and experience in CAM software is a must.
- Fabricator will be able to program, set-up and operate CNC Milling Machines.
- Knowledge, proficiency, and experience in 4 and 5 axis machining.
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.