Linux Systems EngineerApply Now
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Employment Type: Contract
Title: Systems Engineer, Linux
Contract Length: 6+ months
Location: Durham, NC (needs to be able to commute to office majority of the time once office reopens).
Summary of role: 75% - Project work – examples of projects right now: (1) implementing tool (Ansible – automation tool – patching Linux servers) / (2) Disaster Recovery / (3) building servers for finance
25% - Operation tasks – tickets for access, server reboots, server builds of new servers / on-call 1 week every 4/6 weeks – low call volume – 2-3 times a week most
• Escalation point for regional and global technical issues from junior team members and IT team
• Mentor junior staff members to promote standardization and project initiatives.
• Monitors and maintains Systems and Services
• Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
• Evaluates, tests, and recommends solutions
• Implementation of Systems and ensures quality standards
• Required to participate in an on-call rotation - 1 week every 4/6 weeks
• Highly organized and have clear, concise communication skills
• Ability to function in a Global organization with a flexible and dynamic team environment
• Experienced in the design, implementation and management of Enterprise Infrastructures and Systems including: Solaris and Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux, and other variants of Linux)
• Experience with Server deployment and automation technologies/techniques via OEM and RHEL Satellite, and Orchestration Tools such as Ansible.
• Experience with general Unix Technologies such as Samba, SNMP, NTP, PAM, SSH, Sendmail, NFS, CIFS, LVM, ZFS, Shell scripting, Patching (YUM, IPS), RPM package management, SUDO, Multipath, SFTP, DNS, SAN/NAS principles including hands on FC and iSCSI.
• Experience with SAN (ZFS, Exadata, NETAPP, EMC, HP)
• Degree in a relevant technical area or equivalent work experience
Minimum work experience:
• 5-8 experience in highly available data center operations
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.