Linux Systems Administrator/EngineerApply Now
Location: McLean, Virginia 01730-1420
Employment Type: Contract
Contract length: Temp to Perm (6 months)
**No C2C or 3rd Party**
Job Summary: Assist in the setup and operation of internal research and development labs that support a wide range of customer work. Be part of a growing team that supports the ever-changing landscape in the data analysis, cloud computing, and cyber security domains.
- Provide operational support across a large portfolio of data analytic, systems engineering, and business intelligence tools.
- Troubleshoot issues involving hybrid OS environments hosting systems, services, and protocols.
- Assist with the collection of customer requirements for design and implementation of new lab services and capabilities.
- Contribute and edit system security, administrative, and management documentation.
- Serve as a project liaison for internal staff and coordinate support activities with project teams.
- Apply critical thinking and communication skills to assist internal and external staff while addressing project needs and system requirements.
- Apply security best practices to assure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of government data
- Perform system and application vulnerability scans and mitigate findings
- Develop\modify Ansible, Terraform, and shell scripts used in automating administration functions such as backups, patching, and auditing for SCCM or WSUS servers
- Managing alerting systems such as Zabbix
- Multi-OS systems administration: Linux/Unix and Windows in an enterprise environment
- Basic coding for IT automation: Puppet,Perl/Python, Ruby, PowerShell – experience with Ansible, Terraform a plus
- TCP/IP, LAN\WAN networking (Arista, Cisco)•
- Virtualization and cloud technologies: VMWare, NSX, VRoPs (AWS. Azure, RHEV, HyperV)
- Familiarity with enterprise class shared storage (NetApp, Dell, EMC…)
- 6 + years of related experience or BS and 4+ of related experience
- RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) desired
- Experience administering VMware ESX 6.xxx private cloud instances
- Knowledge of FIPS-199, NIST SP800-53 rev.4, NIST SP800-171, and DISA STIGs are a plus
Jordan is a Sourcer for our Technology Practice. He loves making connections, building relationships and helping people improve their lives and careers.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.