Lab TechApply Now
Location: Austin, Texas 78744
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 Months
Job Summary: The Associate Lab Technologist Contractor will perform standard operating procedures applying basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment, and record keeping necessary to manufacture and test life science reagents such as NGS and Food and Feed Safety products. Follow detailed instructions for assigned tasks or projects with direct supervision.
- Execute product manufacturing according to established procedures, record the data, interpret results and validate the quality of the data.
- Perform in-process and/or final quality control testing and accurately document all results.
- Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions.
- Support general lab functions, setup, calibration, and maintenance of equipment.
- Production records will be reviewed by senior production staff or supervisor.
- Perform transactions using ERP or equivalent system.
- Accurate and reliable inventory management participation.
- Achieve high productivity while maintaining all quality standards.
- Organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Critically think about the manufacturing process and suggest improvements to maintain high quality standards.
- Actively participate in process improvement projects.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor.
- Adherence to ISO guidelines and the PerkinElmer quality policy.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and functional work environment.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily; this may require more than 40 hours in some work weeks
- Associate or B.S. degree in Life Sciences, or related scientific discipline with 0-3 years of job-related experience.
- Familiarity with common equipment such as plate readers, centrifuges, balances, and liquid transfer equipment
- Experience or knowledge of assays such as NGS, ELISA and Lateral Flow. Pipette reproducibly.
- Basic lab and computer skills.
- Attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the operations group
- Effective communicator (verbal and written). Proactive, hardworking, and self-motivated.
- Follow directions and instructions accurately.
- Address and report to supervisor any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.