Lab ManagerApply Now
Location: Valencia 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 2-+ months Contract to start (Strong Likelihood of extensions and/or conversion to Permanent Full-Time Status)
Job Summary: Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
- Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through.
- Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
- Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
- Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assist in evaluation of employee competencies.
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
- Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Bachelor’s Degree meeting course requirements for CLS licensure in California.
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT.
- Minimum 10 years of clinical molecular experience.
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.