Lab Computing Analyst (San Deigo)Apply Now
Location: San Diego, California 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year
Job Summary: Implements, monitors, and provides technical support of customer laboratory environments, typically integrated with instrumentation administers and assures connectivity of customer’s operating system-based platforms.
- Works with Lab managers/ Key lab users to manage Lab Computing aspects of On-boarding, retirement, and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows-based security, including but not limited to the lab environment and customers’ needs
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers and external vendors, but not limited to, on-boarding, retiring, troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
- Supports management in the development and implementation of training initiatives for services personnel
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Life Science, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience including
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows technologies, networking, remote computing, and backup
- Experience with virtual machine support
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Advanced understanding of Windows Security and Windows Administration
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.