Java Developer (SWE)Apply Now
Location: Naperville, IL, Illinois 60563
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: contract to permanent hire; no corp-to-corp
Job Summary: As a software engineer III, you will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications and work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization.
- Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
- Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
- Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
- Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
- Perform Technical Review of requirements, analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
- Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
- Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum high school diploma and eight (8) years' progressive software systems programming experience at least five of which should involve experience with java server programming utilizing J2EE/JEE technologies. Bachelors' degree in a relevant/related field is a significant plus and is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies such as JDBC, JNI, JSP/Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI, JMX, JAAS, and others.
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with advanced XML technologies and API's such as XSD, XSLT, (XQuery, and XPath desired).
- Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and BPEL.
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.