JAVA DEV 22-15Apply Now
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months with possibility of extension or conversion
Job Summary: Day to day development and support of internal and external web-based applications on Linux servers written in Java (J2EE), SpringMVC, and JSP, PL/SQL, JDBC and SOAP XML web services.
- Troubleshoot issues by identifying root cause and develop a plan for problem resolution.
- Identify and remediate web related vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Utilize the software development life cycle and manage production business processes to resolve software problems and improvements by writing user change requests and functional specifications.
- Design, program, implement code, test, install and configure applications.
- Demonstrated competency in system analysis and issue investigation and resolutions is required.
- Technical experience working with web-based applications support and development on Linux using Java (J2EE), SpringMVC, and JSP, Thymeleaf, Java script, PL/SQL, JDBC and SOAP XML web services.
- Experience with Oracle 18, PL/SQL, and with SpringMVC and JBoss 7.x app servers in complex or large-scale web application projects and support.
- Familiarity with GIT, DevOps tools Jenkins CI/CD, and utilization of the software development life cycle in an Agile environment.
- Use of a ticketing system for open issues and assignments.
- Candidate must possess strong teamwork, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Jordan is a Recruiter for our Technology Practice. He loves making connections, building relationships and helping people improve their lives and careers.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.