JAVA Applications DeveloperApply Now
Location: Holyoke 01040
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 8 months
Job Summary: Assist the Enterprise Application Support team within the Information Services group.
- Day to day support of internal and external web-based applications on Linux servers written in Java (J2EE), SpringMVC, and JSP, PL/SQL, JDBC and SOAP XML web services.
- Troubleshoot issues by identifying root cause and develop a plan for problem resolution. Identify and remediate web related vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Utilize the software development life cycle and manage production business processes to resolve software problems and improvements by writing user change requests and functional specifications.
- Design, program, implement code, test, install and configure applications.
- Work in a team environment to support user and other technical staff.
- Bachelors of Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience in programming in web technologies and utility industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated competency in system analysis and issue investigation and resolutions is required.
- Technical experience working with web-based applications support and development on Linux using Java (J2EE), SpringMVC, and JSP, Thymeleaf, Java script, PL/SQL, JDBC and SOAP XML web services.
- Experience with Oracle 18, PL/SQL, and with SpringMVC and JBoss 7.x app servers in complex or large-scale web application projects and support.
- Familiarity with GIT, CI/CD and utilization of the software development life cycle in an Agile environment.
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.