IT Project ManagerApply Now
Location: Providence, Rhode Island 02905
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months temp to perm
Job Summary: The IT Project Manager will plan, initiate, and manage information technology projects, coordinate and guide the work of technical staff, and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Independently manage and oversee all aspects of IT Infrastructure projects
- Develop & maintain project documentation throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
- Identify and assist the team in the management, mitigation and resolution of project related issues, risks and conflicts as needed
- Manage relationships with the project team, third-party resources and business groups
- Ensure all required project management documents are developed, completed and signed at the appropriate review and by the appropriate parties
- Ensure all written deliverables and artifacts are stored to the appropriate repository
- 4+ years of recent work experience as a project manager for Application or Infrastructure projects
- Bachelor degree; in a technical field preferred
- Experience working with MS Project to build detailed project schedules with dependencies
- Experience working with various IT industry standards (i.e., ITIL, COBIT, CMMI)
- PMP, Agile, Scrum Master, Scheduling or another Project Management-related certification preferred
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including business analysts, technical resources, business and IT leadership
Focusing in the technology practice area at JVT Advisors, Brian enjoys partnering with candidates to help land them their dream job.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.