Inventory SpecialistApply Now
Location: Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3 months
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Department Supervisor, inventories, replenishes and organizes supplies in assigned storeroom locations. Utilizing judgment and knowledge, identifies opportunities to adjust unit par levels to reflect usage changes. Submits storeroom orders by identifying patient care supplies with insufficient inventory levels.
- Counts and reorders needed supplies using wireless handheld units and releases completed order for processing while traveling to next store room location.
- Maintains stock within assigned area along with patient care areas in a clean and orderly manner. Ensures that inventory items are rotated as necessary and expired products are removed and disposed following department guidelines.
- Reviews par level analysis reports for utilization patterns. Recommends item additions, deletions and par level changes to the Clinical Manager and reviews all suggestions with the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager of Distribution Operations.
- Responds to product recalls as required. Identifies, segregates and executes disposition plans for recalled products. Fully prepares stock areas to accommodate substitute products, i.e. re-label and restock bins as needed.
- High School level of knowledge with the ability to read, write, understand and speak English.
- A minimum of twelve months of experience working in an Inventory Control environment is required.
- Knowledge in the areas of forecasting, replenishment, receiving, cycle-counting and data entry is expected.
- Analytical ability to identify research and resolve problems and errors.
- The ability to perform basic arithmetic computations to verify shipments, complete delivery logs and outbound shipment of packages.
- Experience with operating standard and automated office equipment including a handheld ordering device, on line computer and printing machines.
Ian is responsible for full-cycle recruiting in many areas, including HR, IT, finance, and administrative. Prior to joining JVT, Ian worked for 5 years as a senior recruiter at Randstad.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.