Industrial/Graphic DesignerApply Now
Location: Shelton, Connecticut 06484
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year+ (high likelihood to convert to permanent)
COVID Situation: Remote to start. Will be onsite when building reopens
Global leader solutions provider focused on improving human and environmental health. We make a difference every day – helping scientists, clinicians, and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
You’ll ideally be an Industrial Designer with a passion for Graphic Design, as this position is a combination of design industries with major focus on Graphic Design, Packaging Design, and additional support for Industrial Design activity (Design work includes: scientific instrumentation products, labels for instrumentation, developing packaging labels for consumer products)
You must have strong technical skills as there is much detailed technical documentation
Must be a self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a scientific environment and works effectively in small or large development teams.
Coreldraw is the primary tool we use, but will accept experience in Illustrator and/or CAD software (i.e. Solidworks).
What You’ll be Doing:
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop regulatory and safety labeling solutions for scientific instruments based on predefined templates.
- Generate documentation for branded labels, instrument nameplates, and comprehensive packaging solutions for wide variety of scientific products such as kits, boxes, and bottles.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of a variety of labeling methods (materials, printing processes, and technologies) to support existing printing processes and solve manufacturing printing constraints.
- Innovate new labeling solutions while complying with brand design strategy.
- Post-production of photorealistic renderings in Photoshop for Marketing purposes.
- Produce silk-screening documentation and decals for displays and touch points while understanding technical and functional constraints and complying with branding guidelines.
- Occasional creation of illustrations and technical line drawings for manuals or software.
- Aid in developing presentations for various projects based on compiled information.
- Occasional creation of predefined splash screen templates for software packages.
- Ability to work within the existing graphic processes in the PDM (Product Data Manager) system.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years’ experience within Graphic/Industrial design, including technical graphics.
- Strong experience with a variety of packaging and labeling solutions.
- Excellent graphic skills utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Ability to read and create detailed technical documentation.
- Proactive in identifying, owning, and solving complex problems.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing printing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed and thrive, deliver on time, and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced iterative environment with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Instrumentation or Medical industry experience
- Basic knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD (including SW Visualize)
- Experience collaborating in a corporate environment for new product development, especially as it relates to engineering and manufacturing.
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.