Help Desk Technician IApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1457
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months with possibility of becoming a full-time, permanent employee
Job Summary: : The main function of the Help Desk Technical Support role is to provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- May install software or perform hardware testing remotely.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees, both local and remote, with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
He's a natural people person
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.