Help Desk Technical SupportApply Now
Location: Tyler, Texas
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months, Temp-to-Perm
Job Summary: Provide technical assistance to computer system users; answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees, both local and remote, with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software
Jordan is a Sourcer for our Technology Practice. He loves making connections, building relationships and helping people improve their lives and careers.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.