Field Support TechnicianApply Now
Location: Plymouth, Michigan 48170
Employment Type: Contract
You will provide and resolve technical assistance to computer system users across clinics in the area in-person. Travel is usually locally 2 days a week and mileage WILL be reimbursed and when not travelling, you will be in the office in Plymouth, MI.
What You'll be Doing
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- Install software or perform hardware testing at the users desk site.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, ldap accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees locally with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employees desktops/laptops.
- 1-4 years' experience within IT troubleshooting. Degree is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage your time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.