Electronics Design EngineerApply Now
Location: Hopkington, Massachusetts 01748
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months with potential to become permanent, full-time employee
Job Summary: This role will lead development of automated platforms for various applications within genomics field.
- Contribute to multiple projects from an electrical design, development and testing perspective.
- Determine design feasibility, evaluate design alternatives, and select optimum design approach.
- Develop requirements, specifications, schematics, simulations (where applicable), assembly drawings, bills of material, and material cost estimates.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of vendors’ designs and manufacturing processes.
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D team members and cross-functional leaders.
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards
- MS. (3 years), BS (5 years) respectively, in relevant engineering with industrial experience in life science / molecular diagnostics field
- Experience in liquid handling automation technologies
- Digital, analog and mixed circuit design experience; excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- Circuit design experience. power conversion, micro-controllers, electromechanical drivers and electro-optics circuits
- Experience in use of advanced simulation/debugging tools; e.g., PSpice, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in RUO product launch (IVD a plus)
- Experience in requirement management tool (TFS) preferred
John is responsible for account development and management, which entails creating valuable client and industry partner relationships, and identifying and pursuing vertical opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.