Electrical EngineerApply Now
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year
Job Summary: The individual is responsible as the SI lead or assistant interacting with Systems Engineering, CAD, ME, SW and purchasing, The SI team owns all steps of the signal and power integrity process, system-level SI evaluation, measurement, correlation, and customer support.
- Design and model high frequency PCB’s, backplanes, cables and flex circuits up to 25Gb/s for rugged applications
- Support RF simulations
- Work seamlessly with multiple locations across the United States with a diverse engineering group
- Participate in all aspects of engineering review process which includes schematic review, functional specification, PCB placement review and PCB routing review
- Stack-up creation and guidance to hardware engineers
- Design DDR2/ DDR3 and DDR4 interfaces for Mercury hardware. Which includes timing analysis
- Conduct power integrity including AC and DC analysis and provide feedback to layout / hardware engineering
- Conduct cross talk analysis and provide feedback to layout and hardware engineering
- Documenting signal integrity rules for hardware engineers and CAD layout
- Developed technology roadmaps and design of experiments (DOE) for continuous improvement and innovation.
- 5+ years of SI experience in high speed/RF/DDR designs
- Experience with the following industry standards: PCIe Gen2 / Gen3, InfiniBand (DDR, FDR, FDR-10), USB 3.0, SATA and other high speed interfaces
- Experience with SERDES tuning
- Experience with Allegro and PADS layout tools
- Simulation of passive and active components with the following tool sets: Ansys HFSS and HFSS 3D Layout, SIwave Electronics Desktop , HSPICE, Q3D, Keysight ADS, and SiSoft QSI / QCD
- Familiar with printed circuit board stack-ups and materials
- Ability to use lab equipment such as high bandwidth oscilloscopes and VNA’s
- S-parameter modeling methodology along with lab measured S-parameters
- PDN Decoupling analysis
- IR Drop/Jmax analysis
- S-parameter analysis
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.