Drupal 8 DeveloperApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year with likelihood of becoming a full-time, permanent employee
Job Summary: Build a functional production Drupal 8 website from the code delivered by a design vendor or internal resources. Update or enhance existing applications based on requirements.
- Drupal 8 development for solidowrks.com, edrawingsviewer.com and draftsight.com. Building new websites as needed.
- Build a functional production Drupal 8 website from the code delivered by a design vendor or internal resources
- Create custom modules and features as well as enhance existing Drupal 8 customizations
- Contribute to UX/UI team decisions and make adjustments to work based on best practices
- Enhance and maintain current deployment system. Integrate with existing Jenkins systems with the intention to automate the current QA process
- Confirmed Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Multi-year experience with Drupal development practices and principles
- Minimum two years’ exposure to Drupal 8 development methodologies
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and building in accessibility from the ground up.
- Strong experience building responsive, modular CSS with SASS that plays well across multiple browsers, platforms and devices including smartphones and tablets
- Higher level knowledge of server-side scripting languages — primarily PHP
- Strong OO programming skills
- DOM manipulation and AJAX-enabled UIs are easy and standard operating procedure.
- Mastery of relational database development and best practices
- Strong experience with MySQL database development
- Perfectly happy in a LAMP development environment, and not afraid of Terminal, SSH, and Bash
- Strong skills in open source development workflow using Git, GitFlow, forks, and pull requests
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.