DevOps EngineerApply Now
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Employment Type: Direct Hire
(Permanent, Direct Hire)
The Company: This position is with a growing cybersecurity product company with 20,000 enterprise / fortune 500 customers
- Looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to help build-out and run the hybrid AWS/Azure threat management platform.
The role involves: AWS/Azure application and cluster deployments, automation, and working cross functionally with development to enhance the threat management platform. (Doesn’t require experience with Azure and AWS). Currently deploying mostly to AWS and in the process of standing up a fairly large Azure environment.
Reports directly to the Cloud Operations Manager.
- Cloud deployments and application monitoring, working with Development to enhance performance
- Collaborate with multiple teams and organizations to ensure the cloud service’s health meets defined SLAs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues usually involving a deep-dive investigation
- Detect potential problems and implementation of relevant solutions
- Join the Agile team to ensure continuous improvement of tools, processes, policies, and automation
- BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience operating and managing Azure OR AWS cloud environments (experience with both not required)
- Proven record of strong troubleshooting skills and technical abilities.
- Experience configuring Linux and Windows Servers
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology is a plus
Blain is a full-desk recruiter on the Direct-Hire team, responsible for recruiting for a wide variety of IT jobs. He is focused on professional services, network/systems, and cyber security, with a special interest in DevOps.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.