Desktop Support TechnicianApply Now
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3 months
Job Summary: The Desktop Support Engineer aids in resolving tier one through three end user support requests as well as properly escalating support requests when assistance is required.
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves tier one through three problems for users of the network, personal computer software and hardware, internet, new computer technology and communicates solutions to end-users.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone or via desktop sharing software for remote personnel.
- Delivers, sets up and assists in the configuration of end-user Windows and Apple desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, Window and Apple hardware problems, e-mail, internet, local-area network access problems and wireless network issues.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for Windows and Apple equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Mobile device troubleshooting and basic setup
- Software management with installing, upgrading and troubleshooting
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office applications and both Windows and Apple operating systems
- 4+ years providing Deskside\Phone Support for current Windows and Apple hardware and applications. These duties also include installing software and hardware, upgrading hardware, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a Corporate Environment.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or equivalent certifications
- College level degree in computer related technologies preferred or equivalent experience required
Focusing in the technology practice area at JVT Advisors, Brian enjoys partnering with candidates to help land them their dream job.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.