Desktop Support Technician, ITApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 12 months
Job Summary: The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for implementing and managing end user computing systems.
- Implement, maintain and administer end user compute devices and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Set up, configure, troubleshoot and maintain QC and manufacturing lab quality systems.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing system security measures such as AV, backups and patching.
- Duties will include troubleshooting and repair of OS's, MS Office Suite products including Outlook email and calendar issues, a variety of 3rd party software applications, hardware issues, laptop parts replacement, Apple iOS devices support, imaging, data wiping, asset control, and detailed ticket documentation.
- 6+ years minimum of consistent experience in IT Deskside/Desktop break/fix support or similar role
- 3-5 years of experience directly related to Bio/Pharma
- Associate Degree or technical institute degree or equivalent experience required
- Excellent Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office Suite trouble shooting skills, as well as hardware trouble shooting skills.
- Service Now ticket system experience a PLUS.
- Excellent attention to detail, customer service skills, multi-tasking skills, ticket management/documentation skills, written and verbal communication skills REQUIRED
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Full understanding of Quality management activities related to qualification, GxP Validation and change management of IT Systems
- Ability to create and maintains strict GxP application support documents including SOPs, technical configurations, design and validation documents
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.