Credentialing specialistApply Now
Location: Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3 months with possible extension
Job Summary: Performs the day-to-day credentialing and re-credentialing activities of the medical staff and advanced practice clinicians. Primary responsibility is the timely completion of credentialing and/or re-credentialing processes and the maintenance of comprehensive physician databases.
- Determines practitioner’s eligibility for membership/participation to ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Distributes and tracks all credentialing application packets requested by department contacts for prospective practitioners.
- Utilizes database to retrieve and analyze practitioner application and supporting documentation for completeness according to accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Informs practitioner and department contacts of the application status, and resolves pending issues, including the collection of additional information.
- Performs processing of initial and reappointment applications for eligible practitioners to ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards.
- High School diploma; Associates Degree preferred.
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services preferred.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience in multi-entity credentialing environment or 3-5 years of related administrative/hospital experience.
- Successful experience demonstrating the use of interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and gather information from all levels of personnel (e.g. physicians, administrative personnel and administrative leaders), and the ability to handle highly confidential data in secure and trustworthy manner.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency in common office software applications including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Current knowledge of TJC requirements, CMS credentialing requirements, state regulations and credentialing processes.
Ian is responsible for full-cycle recruiting in many areas, including HR, IT, finance, and administrative. Prior to joining JVT, Ian worked for 5 years as a senior recruiter at Randstad.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.