Compensation AnalystApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1457
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months, potential temp to perm
Job Summary: Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements. Develops and/or participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position. Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- Partners in administering compensation programs including year-end focal process, conducting competitive market analysis, creation of base pay budgets and annual short-term incentive plan. Recommends relevant compensation planning tools and system upgrades.
- Conducts market pricing, peer group selection, survey analyses and interpreting salary data.
- Provides professional consultation and guidance to client base regarding a variety of compensation related issues.
- Partners with company departments’ management to write and update accurate job descriptions for revised and new positions within the organization as needed.
- Completes annual salary surveys by matching company’s positions to survey positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-5 years experience with analytical skills and project management skills
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Knowledge of compensation systems.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of PC Applications including Microsoft Office.
- Highly proficient in excel and be comfortable working with numbers.
Ian is responsible for full-cycle recruiting in many areas, including HR, IT, finance, and administrative. Prior to joining JVT, Ian worked for 5 years as a senior recruiter at Randstad.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.