Communications Specialist (IT) - REMOTE (EST Hours)Apply Now
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts 01730-1420
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 4 months (high likelihood of going permanent)
100% Remote (Mass. based, EST Hours)
Interview: 3 Rounds: Phone interview with the manager, Video interview with the team, final conversation with the Dept Head.
- This role sits within Communication, Guidance in Training and is responsible for communication regarding changes in I.T.
- Reporting into the IT Communications Lead and working closely with Service Managers and Support Services, you will be responsible for developing and executing end-user communications to drive awareness, understanding, and adoption of our IT services
- You will be interacting with a variety of groups, from PMs and Engineers, to Executive leadership.
- You will need to have strong clear and concise writing style. Understanding of strategy and planning as well as change management.
- The IT Communications Specialist is part of a team of communications professionals dedicated to serving the communications and training needs.
What You’ll be Doing - Specifics
- Plan, write, edit, and deliver content for a variety of internal mediums including broadcast email, newsletters, web, and print.
- Work with IT subject matter experts (SMEs) and Service Mangers to develop communications materials including News Center articles, emails, easy-to-understand quick reference guides, handouts, and online help.
- Gather information from Service Mangers and other stakeholders and translate into clear, accurate, user-friendly descriptions and instructions.
- Collaborate with service managers, project managers, account managers, UX designers, and other stakeholders to constantly improve the overall user experience and quality of end-user communications.
- Develop and maintain a calendar of service communications, maximizing the effectiveness of the communications through alignment, consistency, and coordination.
- Develop and maintain branded templates, ensure consistent branding and messaging across all mediums and services; establish strong partnerships across the service areas and functions in support of aligned communications.
- Work with stakeholders to identify the type of communication, target audience and style that is best suited for initiatives and projects.
- Develop and maintain a service communications style guide.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of increasingly responsible experience, preferably with experience translating technical content for non-technical audiences and the ability to write in a concise, clear, and non-technical style.
- BA/BS required, preferably with emphasis on communications, public relations, or journalism
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills for a variety of mediums with a high-level of detail
- Graphic design and software skills (Adobe Creative Suite or similar) preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment with strong user-focus
- Ability to develop and execute communications plans
- Experience with web design, digital strategy a plus.
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.