Clinical BAApply Now
Location: Durham, North Carolina 01821
Employment Type: Contract
- Principal Clinical BA (Permanent)
- Clinical BA (Contract to hire – 6 months to perm)
- The Business Analyst will gather technical project scope requirements, assembling and designing technical documents, and supporting the implementation of technical programs to align technology to the needs of the business and to map or modify business process to enterprise applications.
- Must have clinical trial industry experience –cannot ramp someone up on industry experience
- Must have good core BA fundamentals
- Must live in North Carolina –relocation is okay if within the first 3 months of starting the role
- This team of Business Analysts supports the following groups within the organization:
- Enterprise Project leader, Biotech Project Leaders, Global Clinical Operations and Global Data Operations).
What You’ll be Doing:
- Coordinate the technical needs to create business, functional and technical requirements documents
- Coordinate project meetings, communicate with the team, internal/external partners and senior management
- Participate in scoping, white-boarding sessions, establish the as-is and to-be state working with stakeholders and partner with them to identify, prioritize opportunities for business process optimization, IT implementation to achieve goals.
- Develop technical documentation, system flowcharts, and other materials as needed
- Conduct business requirement sessions, interviews with business, workshops with the business to understand business need, document business requirements related to applications
- Ability to create business process analysis, functional use cases, and detailed functional requirements
- Ability to work with IT teams, explain the business requirements in detail to translate the technical terms.
- Work with business teams to define the User Acceptance Test criteria, help business in defining User Acceptance test scenarios.
- Work with Dev, QA teams in explaining the business requirements, translate into reporting functional requirements.
- Work with Project Manager to identify the changes, gaps, risks, issues in requirements.
- Ensure bi-directional traceability matrices or requirements are provided
- Solid understanding on project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and adhere to quality standards and meet customer expectations
- Communicate and translate technical impacts, technical solutions, root cause, and corrective action into business concepts
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in large enterprise systems with rich business analysis and requirements gathering specific to complex integrated systems
- 3+ years of experience in conducting business requirements sessions, writing business requirements and developing use cases
- Prior experience in a large IT organization within the Clinical Research space
- Experience with typical tools used business analysis such as JIRA, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge SDLC and RICEFW processes, working experience of Onsite – Offshore model and with global cross functional teams
- Fundamental knowledge of business processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge.
- Have strong commitment to customer service and operational excellence.
- Conflict resolution as it relates to people and project priorities
- Able to take the initiative and carry out tasks independently
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.