Chemical SpecialistApply Now
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year
Job Summary: We are looking for a highly motivated chemical specialist to provide critical lab support at a customer site in Cambridge MA area. The chemical specialist supports the management of chemical inventory onsite.
- Supports the processing of chemicals in and out of the onsite chemical location in accordance with customer policies. Provide staff to work at the onsite chemical location to enable scientists to obtain the required hazardous chemicals they need for their work.
- Maintenance of chemical storage room and lab locations: stocking drop zones and ordering stock chemicals, removal of expired reagents/inventory, and periodic check of inventory on floor.
- Deliver requested chemicals to appropriate laboratory location and receive chemicals to inventory in chem store.
- Verify SDS documents in association with the chemical inventories.
- Log /register all compounds, purchased or synthesized by customer-on-customer registry system in accordance with customer policies.
- Hazardous goods management and transport.
- Associates degree with 1-3 years relevant experience, preferably in a biology/chemical specialty, safety, or biotechnology field/role. Bachelor’s degree with 0-1 years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to safely handle, store, and segregate chemicals.
- Proven understanding of basic chemistry is a must.
- Experience with inventory management as it relates to consumables and/or chemicals.
- Experience with inventory management software is important.
- MS Office Skills: Outlook, Powerpoint, Word.
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.