Change/Release MgrApply Now
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 8 months with possible extension
Job Summary: This position assists the IT Change manager with change request review, approval and process adherence. This position also facilitates all software releases according to a well-developed plan, in order to minimize risk when changes are promoted to our production environment.
- Ensure that all changes are controlled, including the submission, review and approval, implementation and post-implementation of changes being deployed.
- Minimize the impact of change-related incidents and improve day-to-day operations of the organization related to IT changes.
- Ensure Change approvals (and rejections) are obtained in a timely manner; and maintain and manage change information in the change management system of record.
- Define and communicate release readiness standards and procedures; engage with projects in early phases of the development life cycle to ensure alignment with the overall release standards and schedules.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and leading production readiness meetings for releases in order to confirm compliance with all defined standards and procedures.
- Creation and management of integrated release plans involving all participants in the system development lifecycle to define, track, and manage release content and schedules.
- Coordinate environment scheduling and maintenance; ensure alignment with release calendar and enterprise delivery prioritization.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technology-related field or HS Diploma and 5 years of related experience preferably in an ITIL environment
- Experience and/or working knowledge in application development, software quality assurance, and configuration management are all beneficial
- Experience working in a Change Manger, Release Manager or Project Manager capacity
- Familiarity with automated configuration management/code management and release systems
- Experience working with ServiceNow, Jira, Plutora or similar toolset.
- Experience developing KPI reports and understanding the related data workflow
- Applicable ITIL Certifications at an Intermediate level or higher strongly preferred
- Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
- Knowledge of Release principles and processes from an ITIL Service perspective
- Knowledge of applicable tools and systems that support the Release process
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.