Location: Bedford, Massachusetts 01730
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months (high likelihood of extending well beyond)
The Buyer Planner is responsible to perform all supply chain planning and buying activities for assigned product lines. Included are Materials Requirements Planning items that are contained on a BOM, purchasing, and inventory control. The position will interact with other departments including Engineering to resolve issues and meet customer requirements. All activities will be conducted within cGMP requirements and corporate policy.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Maintain effective collaboration with internal colleagues to meet corporate objectives and drive improved business results
- Design and implement programs, materials and activities which support the growth efforts of the Company
- Maintain cost discipline within assigned programs and projects.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory management concepts, new product introduction, shelf life and controlled material
What You’ll be Doing Specifically
- Provide procurement plans to meet forecasting and inventory requirements. Utilize sales forecast/data to schedule inventory materials from suppliers to meet forecasting and inventory requirements; expedite/defer deliveries, as necessary, to support operational objectives
- Maintain Critical Material Shortage list and escalate supply chain issues with suppliers and internal management in order to receive a satisfactory response.
- Development and implement Procurement KPI relevant to Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Determine appropriate supply, inventory and budgeting of raw materials; develop plans to improve performance and COGS; Optimize inventory levels to minimize costs by managing inventory carrying costs, bulk purchase discounts, production planning, and lead times.
- Obtain competitive quotations and select suppliers based on quality, cost, lead-time, service and financial stability.
- Identify potential new sources of supply and initiate supplier qualification activities.
- Respond to production issues and adjust purchasing schedule as required; communicate any major variations to affected parties
- Primary interface for internal customers on day-to-day supply chain issues, concerns and questions
- Identify and manage slow moving, expiry or obsolete inventory. Develop and implement programs to reduce E&O exposure.
- Establish metrics to monitor targeted supplier performance. Ensure contract compliance on key commercial terms tracker with suppliers.
- Manage activities pertaining to administration of the company’s cycle count program and physical inventory. Compile all related metrics.
- Identify and report key performance indicators to measure supplier performance;
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years purchasing/planning experience.
- Emphasis on manufacturing in the medical/bio-tech industry, or related regulated industry (preferred)
- Knowledge of quality system regulations and MRP/ ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Certifications are a plus (APICS, CPIM, or CPM)
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with manufacturing, quality, marketing/sales, finance and engineering departments
- Prior contract/supplier relationship management
- Strong analytical and persuasive skills. Routinely influencing external suppliers is a fundamental responsibility of this position.
- Ability to identify and resolve differences between company and supplier objectives, as well as the customer requirements.
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.