Associate Specimen ProcessorApply Now
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3 months with possible extension
Job Summary: Performs duties associated with the processing of laboratory samples and the entry of demographic information into the laboratory information system.
- Enters alpha-numeric data from sample requisitions into LIS following format displayed on entry screen.
- Receive and process samples for testing in the laboratory.
- Receive and process samples for shipment to support laboratory.
- Compares data entered with information on sample requisitions and re-enters data if necessary.
- Coordinates paperwork and various required reports for high-risk patients in the applicable departments.
- Follows prescribed steps to verify miscellaneous submitter identity and billing information.
- Other tasks as requested by the Supervisor of Client Services.
- High School Diploma
- Previous data entry experience
- Previous clinical laboratory experience preferred
- May be required to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
He's a natural people person
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.