Associate Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1457
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: Contributing team member delivering a limited scope of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) expertise and issue resolution for overall project development. Participate in the administration, review, selections, development, planning and problem solving of MEP systems that adhere to company design standards, statutory regulations and codes, and are practical, innovative, and conducive to intended purposes on assigned projects and facilities. Collaborate and provide support on a wide range of issues, including but not limited to MEP standards, design, specifications, site development, and building codes. Provide for continuous MEP design improvements by encouraging process improvements and implementation of best practices as appropriate.
- Under close supervision working at the direction of supervisor, collaborate, assist, and provide mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) support and guidance in the development of assigned projects and facilities; including but not limited to: drawing, schematic and document review, MEP system selections, design standard review and maintenance, life cycle cost review and research, MEP issue resolution, code review, research and guidance, problem solving through-out life of project.
- Manage assigned projects and problems of limited scope following standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Responsible for providing, maintaining, and reviewing MEP design standards for assigned projects.
- Consult for completeness and conformance with company standards and good design practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing Engineering; or equivalent education, certifications and directly related work experience required.
- 0 – 2 years’ related experience; or Associates Degree with 4+ years’ related experience; or Certificate with 6 years’ related experience; or 8+ years’ related experience with no degree.
- Facility Management experience, education, and certifications required
- MEP systems design, construction, facility management/maintenance and/or plant engineering experience preferred.
- Competency and familiarity building systems applications, life cycle methodologies, building codes and regulations and code research.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing standards, relevant best practices, products, systems, procedures, concepts, methods, materials, and techniques.
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.