Application SupportApply Now
Location: Billerica, Massachusetts 01821
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Systems Specialist, Application Support
- Be responsible for providing technical support for business applications and the administration for on-going IT operations, maintain computerized lab systems and process compliance, business solutions and support functions for one or more geographic region.
- Work in a Supervised team Environment with other IT support personnel, become familiar with principle software products and the application platforms to be able to work independently
- Maintain the process used for application and system monitoring management for monitoring alerts and incident response. Conduct technical investigations for troubleshooting application errors or performance related issues then determine root cause from your analysis for a variety of application related technical issues reported by operations thru a service desk ticketing system. Ensures the service delivery targets for system monitoring are consistently being met
- Provides incident management support for uninterrupted access to applications developed for clinical trials that are in use by operations staff to process patient data. Lead the directive to investigate software related errors and bugs detected within the portfolio of software products used by the business unit. Ensures that individual service delivery targets are consistently being met.
- Maintain the change management process used for system validation to complete the work on technical projects and scheduled Maintenance events. Manage the build and distribution process used for software products and for systems including hosted applications, reviewer workstations, application servers, networks, or other Lab Specific Systems. Ensures the delivery targets for technical project and related milestones are consistently met
- Participate in team meetings to provide measurable updates as a project lead for individual and team level project metrics. Showcase your ability to provide task prioritization and personal time management that would be necessary for consistent contribution on project related work.
- Use of monitoring tools to gauge capacity management, application performance management, systems uptime and review of event logging for troubleshooting for suite of application, products and services within the Platform.
- Provide technical expertise to support a mixed systems environment, along with applications and infrastructure components hosted in production and development environments.
- Support the team initiatives for new product introduction process (NPI) used to on-board technical support for newly released applications and products from engineering or cots products from 3rd party vendors.
- Contribute on collection of technical cognizance process used to update team knowledge base and technical work instruction documentation library.
- Ensure compliance for TQM sponsored system validation planning for hardware and software system qualification standards and technical standards used for risk management and for the installation, configuration and test plan qualification.
- Assist to promote external vendor relationships used for maintenance, support or for installation services for 3rd party products (when applicable).
- Provide investigational technical response for key services monitoring on alert notifications using scripts and tools used to further examine root cause
- Windows 10 and Server 2012 administrative product knowledge, Microsoft certifications are desired, basic CentOS/RHEE Linux experience is also a plus.
- Administrative experience on support for hosted web application containers including Apache-Tomcat, J-Boss.
- Familiarity with technical construct used for hosted, multi-tenant web applications platforms. Candidate should possess an empirical understanding on root-cause analysis techniques used for technical problem solving within the platform.
- Microsoft Active Directory services, group membership administration for local and group policy experience.
- Basic network experience required for TCP/IP, VPN’s and network subnets
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.