Administrative AssistantApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 7 months
Job Summary: Administrative assistants handle general office tasks and administrative duties, such as directing communications between colleagues and customers, organizing schedules and events, entering data, bookkeeping, maintaining office equipment.
- Complex and substantial calendar management for senior leaders of the team, including managing emails, as needed; at times will make independent decisions regarding scheduling, distribution of phone calls, e-mails, etc.
- Manages complex travel arrangements, while adhering to the company’s travel policy
- Keeping minutes during departmental meetings, as needed
- Formatting and refining PowerPoint presentations and other documents where needed
- Compiling and coordinating timely submission of expense reports
- Coordinating workflow, travel and meeting logistics for the department
- Providing on- and off- site event planning support for department events, liaising as needed with the Corporate Meetings Group, communicating budget limitations, and collaborating with department stakeholders
- Providing scheduling support for collaborative meetings, including overseeing meeting needs such as catering, AV, WebEx support and room set-up
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records, reports etc. as needed
- Address routine inquiries; assist in special projects as needed
- Provide backup Administrative coverage when needed
- Associate degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years of administrative experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail is a must
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint and Visio org charting is preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies
- Ability to work under pressure while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities and projects
- Maintain a can-do attitude, with the ability to problem-solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Prior experience in a Biopharmaceutical company is preferred
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.