Accessioning SupervisorApply Now
Location: Valencia, California 91355
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 20+ months Contract to Start (Strong Likelihood of Extensions and/or Conversion to Permanent Full-Time Status)
Job Summary: Direct sample accessioning in a high-complexity laboratory operation including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses. Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely, providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control.
- Ensure integrity of specimen identification procedures are followed.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever specimen identification and patient demographics do not meet established performance specifications.
- Provide orientation and training to all personnel.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee competency.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee performance appraisals.
- Develop, write, review and implement operational procedures and policies, as approved by Director or Manager.
- BS Degree in biology or related scientific discipline
- At least 1 year of laboratory training or experience, or both in high complexity testing
- Previous supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired.
- Hands-on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly desired.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good, accurate computer skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.