Windows System Administration ConsultantApply Now
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
Employment Type: Contract
Windows System Administration Consultant, Onsite in Holyoke, MA
Seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill consultant position to assist the Windows Support Administration Team. Along with the team, you will be directly responsible for the security, engineering, operations, reliability, compliance and management of workflow and processes for our Windows Support Infrastructure.
- Support Windows Operating System configuration and management.
- Monitor, evaluate and enhance Windows Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security and availability
- Perform builds, upgrades, repairs and retirements of physical and virtual servers and appliances, utilizing peer resources and established work instructions for Windows Systems.
- Actively participate in documentation including diagrams of Internal Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Atlassian’s Confluence product.
- Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments, including lateral movement protections, tiered logins and CIS standards
- Utilize established work instructions, identify, triage and escalate issues with Zabbix system monitoring and NetBackup/TSM reports.
- Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, RSA Authentication Manager, DFS and KEMP Load Balancers
- 5+ years’ experience working within Windows or Systems Administration.
- PowerShell experience for Active Directory and Windows Administration
- Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2
- Active Directory 2012/2016 in an enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Automated configuration management and systems hardening
Preferred Experience & Certifications
- Administration using PowerShell for any of the following: Quest One ActiveRoles, VMware or Exchange
- Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Symantec NetBackup
- SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Always On Groups
- Cisco Secure E-Mail Appliances
- Microsoft Office 365 Cloud Technologies
- MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP in Exchange 2010 (or higher)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert Certification (Server Infrastructure) or Microsoft Certified Solution Associate Certification (Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Messaging
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Certification
- Active Directory, 2008, 2008R2 2012 & 2012R2 Enterprise Administration
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.