Systems Support SpecialistApply Now
Location: Bridgewater, Massachusetts 02324
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Systems Support Engineer
SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily monitoring of the Synergent Hosted Computer System, Windows 2003/2008/2012/7/8, and all related systems and communication equipment ensuring that all jobs and corresponding reports are completed in a timely manner as well as monitoring, maintaining and reporting on security related issues.
- Completes system functions including back-ups, patch file uploads, software enhancements, purges, daily reports, transfer of Share Drafts, Remote Deposit Capture, admin of servers ensuring the system is ready and available for processing the next business day.
- Actively monitors computer systems for 99% uptime: PIX Firewall, Synergent, IPS Network Switches, IP Telephone system, Email Server, Web Sense, OTG and Mortgage System
- Performs administration functions on Windows 2010 E-Mail Exchange Server and Hosted Service.
- Desktops, BOD Laptops, Network problems, Telecom issues or any issues involving automated and communications systems. Also, must be involved in upward communication to the Systems Network Manager on all issues and projects assigned to the IS department.
- Monitors security systems, including review of system logs for suspicious activities and to protect against unauthorized outside user accesses.
- Monitors security-related notifications and mailing lists. Establishes methods for disseminating security bulletins, advisories, procedures, and recommendations to Systems Network Manager.
- Monitors partner sites (Digital Defense and SecureWorks) for needed patches, releases, updates, viruses, spyware, spam and potential problem identification.
- Proficient in imaging builds and deployment
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge in systems administration/integration including Windows 2003/2008/2012 and Exchange Server required.
- Experience with Web Based Applications, Windows 2003/2008/2012 and XP/Windows7/8.
- Experience in administering and monitoring the security of Computer Systems preferably within a financial institution.
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.