Sr Security EngineerApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Security Engineer, IT Infrastructure
- Design, implement and monitor security solutions within a hybrid cloud environment in support of an increasingly mobile workforce.
- Define security policies and translate them into specific technical guidance for IT and business teams.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Administer security-focused information systems, such as identity management, data loss prevention, SIEM, PKI, and eDiscovery/forensics.
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks relating to data, systems, and personnel and provide guidance on changes to reduce risk.
- Review violations of computer security procedures with and provide guidance to end users to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Provide security incident response and perform triage, log analysis and investigation of events within agreed upon response times.
- Perform (or coordinate) vulnerability and penetration testing and manage remediation of systems in response to findings.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Computer Science or related fields.
- 4+ years of direct experience in IT with security experience
- Working experience with modern networking and cloud connectivity security principles
- Experience with Nessus or other vulnerability scanning technologies.
- Solid understanding of IT security principles including identity and access management, compliance, cloud security, encryption, BCP/DR and SIEM
- A passion for assessing emerging technologies and staying abreast of industry trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonuses to have:
- Experience with Linux and Windows controls including patch management, security hardening, AV/AM, and other endpoint security solutions..
- Experience with IPSec VPN, KMS, MFA/2FA and PKI..
- Experience implementing or supporting some of or all the following: NIST CSF, ISO 2700x, SOX, HIPAA
- Cybersecurity related certification
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.