Sr. Security EngineerApply Now
Location: Lynn, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer. Ideal candidates should have 3 - 5 + years of experience in designing and managing complex next gen firewall infrastructures to include firewall, IPSEC VPN and IPS/IDS, Advanced Networking, Acceleration & Clustering technologies.
- Implementing and managing ongoing configuration changes, monitoring and maintenance for Palo Alto, including installing and maintaining firewalls, creating and optimizing rule base, global objects, IDS/IPS policies, and Panorama management systems
- Analyze data, make recommendations for remedial action and/or security network enhancements based on detailed analysis and ensure proper communication of issues and/or recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences. This includes remediation efforts for day to day reported trouble tickets from internal customers
- Understanding adversarial Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) and developing novel detection and prevention techniques across multiple environments including network, endpoint and applications, particularly through use of the SIEM solution
- Monitoring events and alerts generated by firewalls, SIEMs, IDS and networking equipment
- Systematically identify system security issues and determine root cause via a consistent, logical approach
- Creating and/or maintaining security documentation including security architecture diagrams, procedures, and security standards
- College degree or equivalent combination of training and experience plus 3+ years working as a security engineer/architect
- Large scale enterprise and service provider networks
- Strong ability to produce technical documentation
- Solid Understanding of Network topologies / design: routing, switching, and MPLS/ELan technologies
- Palo firewall technology, design, and administration
- SIEM configuration and content development experience
- Global load balancing technology design and support
- IP networking (TCP/IP and packet analysis)
- Knowledge of LINUX and Windows system administration a plus
Blain is a full-desk recruiter on the Direct-Hire team, responsible for recruiting for a wide variety of IT jobs. He is focused on professional services, network/systems, and cyber security, with a special interest in DevOps.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.