Sr. Director of Quality AssuranceApply Now
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Sr. Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate Quality Management System (QMS) and quality team that promotes customer satisfaction, drives continuous improvement and positively impacts the financial performance. They will have the desire to be a major contributor to new product development programs and lead small teams of quality engineers to integrate multiple technologies into successful products. They will be self-starting and self-directing, with a strong desire to lead, collaborate and grow with others in the organization. They will have passion around both the exploratory nature of prototyping, as well as the rigor needed to finish and deliver a product to market and sustain mature products.
- Develops a global vision for the Celera Quality System which focuses on customers, continuous improvement, growth and profitability.
- Successfully represents Celera Motion when addressing key customer quality issues. Ensures effective, timely communication and complete problem resolution.
- Develops and implements a quality organization structure that supports strategic initiatives, organic and inorganic growth.
- Ensures ISO 9001 and 13485 are maintained and continually drive quality improvements in Celera Motion
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma/ Lean) to improve the performance of the company’s products and Value Stream’s.
- Educates and trains all employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops implements, manages and integrates a QMS for multiple manufacturing sites.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Ensures that procedures for process control, process improvement, test and inspection exist and followed.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Trains and manages root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect the improvement of product quality.
- Ensures that customers’ product specifications are analyzed to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Oversees supplier performance and establishes criteria and rating system / score cards for critical suppliers.
- Reviews customer contracts and change requests to ensure the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Ensures that both internal and external quality audits and performed professionally and necessary follow up actions are completed on time.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
This position manages all employees of the Quality Department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Must have a valid passport and willing to travel internationally as dictated by business needs. Overall travel is 30%
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering.
Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management, with five (5) years as a CQE/CQM in a medium-size manufacturing environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Six Sigma black-belt certification, with a proven track record of business performance improvement.
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.