Sr. DevOps EngineerApply Now
Location: Boston, Massachusetts 02109
Employment Type: Direct Hire
About the Role
Seeking a Senior Devops Engineer to join our team and ensure that we design, provision, configure and deploy the infrastructure required to operate our platform with high reliability, availability and performance at scale. This role is critical in enabling the team to serve the needs of internal and external customers. This team member will help in the development and design of tools that orchestrate environments for development, testing, and production across the organization. Successful candidates are passionate problem solvers and engineers who are comfortable working within all levels of the application platform.
- Design and provision infrastructure in the public cloud. Implement infrastructure as code following modern DevOps principles. Understand the needs of the business and the platform in order to design solutions for success. You will help build, configure, and scale infrastructure for Production, Staging, Development, and QA environments, using Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Jenkins, and many more DevOps tools.
- Establish working relationships with all of our teams. You will collaborate with stakeholders in multiple departments to understand their needs and find solutions. You will develop and deliver the tooling required to enable them to move faster, and help deliver new features and products to our customers.
- Security mindset. Security is at the center of everything we do. The individual in this role should understand security best practices and always be on the lookout for ways to make our platform more hardened.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on our Platform Infrastructure. You will learn the infrastructure from top to bottom and be able to educate others, design efficiencies, solve problems, and build new features.
- Research new tools/technologies. You are knowledgeable in the industry and will propose the adoption of new technology that will create value for the team and company.
- Documentation. Establish documentation standards around infrastructure and processes in order to increase knowledge sharing between departments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in DevOps, automation, internal tools teams, software development, or equivalent educational training.
- Proficiency in modern DevOps practices and tools. You have worked with provisioning tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent configuration management tools. You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code and have provisioned infrastructure in the cloud.
- Proficiency with Cloud hosting environments. You understand AWS or Google Cloud services and the complications of running applications at scale in the cloud.
- Proficiency in the Open Source Ecosystem. You can expect to work with and understand the requirements of Jenkins, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Nginx, HAProxy, and many more.
- Proficiency in Scripting and Programing languages. You have worked with python, ruby, or Bash. You are familiar with the tools and frameworks around these languages. You understand modern development workflows involving Git and CI/CD principles.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and proactive problem solver with a can do attitude that wants to learn and grow.
Yhoumey is a recruiter for our direct hire team. She enjoys partnering with candidates to find the right career placements.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.