Sr. Architect, Student Information SystemsApply Now
Location: Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Senior Architect, Information Systems
The Senior Information Systems (SIS) Architect will play a lead role in the evolution of Information Services and Technology (IS&T) Student Systems and Auxiliary services. The Senior SIS Architect will collaborate on strategy with IS&T management; work with enterprise architecture to establish and execute architecture processes and procedures; define and deliver architectural artifacts related to the student and auxiliary systems landscape; evaluate, explore and introduce new technologies and industry standards; define common patterns, frameworks, reusable components and reference architectures; provide guidance and support to the student and auxiliary development team and participate in operational support and maintenance of various applications and integrations
- Over eight years of relevant IT work experience
- Advanced experience with defining, maintaining and evolving application, technology, data, security and business architectures
- Experience providing technical expertise and direction for the development of complex enterprise wide IT solutions that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent complex projects
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, and FEA is expected
- Experience with architectural documentation notation such as UML and BPMN is expected
- Experience in Higher Education is desirable. Specifically knowledge of higher education processes such as recruitment, admissions, financial aid, student records management, curriculum management, student accounting, housing, dining, parking, etc.
- Experience with Natural / Adabas applications is desirable
- Experience with Student Information Systems such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Ellucian, Oracle Student Cloud, etc. is desirable
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other SaaS vendors is desirable
- Experience with quickly learning new applications and technologies in order to establish architectural direction and fit within the existing landscape
- Advanced understanding of various non-functional aspects of applications and technology such as performance, reliability, scalability, availability, privacy, legal compliance, etc.
- Experience with hybrid (cloud/on premise) architectures is highly desirable.
- Experience with integration concepts such as EAI, SOA, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, REST, Messaging Services, API Management, Microservices, etc. is desirable
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages and technologies such as SQL, C#, .NET, Java, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST is desirable
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing fundamentals; specifically iPaaS, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Providers; specifically Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Experience estimating architecture and development effort and cost
- Experience with agile development methodologies is highly desired
- Experience with ITIL for service management is desirable
- Experience collaborating with business and IS&T colleagues on requirements, design, security, infrastructure, networking, QA, etc. topics
- Highly process-oriented, with proven success in solving business challenges through the design and implementation of process
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.