Software Engineer-RoutingApply Now
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a software engineer to join our clients engineering team to work with cutting edge technology focused on developing industry leading software based routing solutions. There is the opportunity to work with new technologies and multiple large-scale networks, each with their own unique challenges, requirements, and business goals.
- Design for solutions for next-gen routed networks.
- Develop state-of-the art routing solutions while implementing and supporting interoperability with legacy routed networks
- Customer design first mentality to make software easy to deploy and use.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 8+ years experience in developing large-scale software/network systems and services software on all platforms
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm and object-oriented design, problem solving, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Extensive working experience with development, debugging and testing multi-threaded applications on distributed systems.
- Thorough understanding of IP networking and socket-based programming
- Excellent C++ developer and debugging skills
- Intimate understanding of IP Routing Protocols such as; BGP, ISIS, OSPF.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Ability to deliver clean, modular code quickly and efficiently
- Strong background in developing networking software applications on Linux/Unix.
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.