Senior Sales EngineerApply Now
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
Employment Type: Direct Hire
As the face of companies product and technical capabilities to both business and technical prospects, you have the ability listen and empathize, translate needs and pain points into demonstrable capabilities, and communicate clearly (verbal and written) regardless of medium. The candidate must demonstrate past contributions in providing product support in the enterprise software sales cycle with a clear ability to link technical features to business outcomes.
You will be self-motivated and organized to learn and apply new technologies to craft solutions meeting client needs. You understand and enjoy working with data and data technologies from databases, ETL tools, data governance tools, business intelligence. You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership of a variety of projects and see them through to completion.
- Support the sales team on the technical side of the sale
- HANDS-ON knowledge at the linux, hadoop, kerberos type level as well as data experience
- Execute successful proof of concepts with prospective customers, including scoping and success criteria
- Articulate our value proposition to senior executives in both business and IT
- Effectively lead executive-level technical demonstrations and conversations with executives at large enterprise organizations
- Effectively position against competitive offerings
- Help uncover true business needs and pain points
- Deliver in-depth online and in-person demonstrations of our solution as well as at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of sales materials, knowledge bases, product documentation and tutorial videos
- Assist in proposal development and RFP responses
- Capture requested features and feedback information to the Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
Required Experience and Skills
- Customer-facing experience in support, pre-sales, sales engineering, or supporting implementations of enterprise software solutions
- Experience and deep understanding of Technology and Solutions Selling
- Demonstrated technical experience in traditional and big data technologies: [SQL, RDBMS, data warehouses, Data quality, MDM, BI tools] and [Hadoop, Python, Pig, Perl, Sqoop, etc.]
- Experience working in an early-stage company environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Experience with cloud architecture (Azure, AWS, Google) a bonus
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.