Senior Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Location: Danvers, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Growing product development firm base on the North Shore is looking for hands on, multi faceted engineers.
In this role, we will ask you to:
1. Lead, advise, or assist in the design and execution of all projects from initiation to completion, ensuring on-time submission of deliverables.
2. Work with teams to create mechanical concepts for overall packaging strategies, mechanisms, and parts.
a. These concepts are expected to balance function, appearance, form, and budgetary requirements.
3. Work with clients on individual projects or as a lead, team member, or support member on larger projects.
4. Communicate clearly and concisely with your team and the client throughout the project.
5. Strive for the right balance between strategic planning and tactical execution.
6. Be a motivating, positive, and success-oriented individual who is familiar with the latest development/production/rapid-prototype methodologies.
7. Manage and facilitate client interactions with strong, clear communication as it relates to deliverables, design reviews, deadlines, etc.
8. Work with team members to estimate resource requirements, monitor progress, and balance and reallocate resources as needed.
9. Work with team members to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
10. Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions.
11. Communicate to senior management any significant deviations from project plans.
12. Coordinate internal team staffing and budget requirements for projects.
13. Continue to grow your capabilities within all realms of your career.
14. Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license required).
15. Keep all privileged information private and confidential.
Regarding Computer & Software Use, you are expected to:
1. Create complete CAD databases describing product designs a. These databases will be suitable for direct transfer to manufacturing and will include all consideration for tooling and functional design requirements. This work will often be performed as part of a team, which includes both engineers and industrial designers.
2. Either create or oversee the creation of product documentation for the manufacturing and assembly process
3. Comfortably use SolidWorks and Pro-Engineer
4. Continue to grow your capabilities with all computer programs
Yhoumey is a recruiter for our direct hire team. She enjoys partnering with candidates to find the right career placements.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.