Senior DBA, Operations SupportApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Senior Database Administrator
The candidate will be responsible for managing the SQL Server relational database management system the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems and, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our enterprise applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid experience as an operational DBA on the Microsoft SQL Server platform.
- In-depth understanding of Windows 2008\2012\2016 OS features and related administration utilities/tools.
- Proficient skills using MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016, T-SQL performance tuning and optimization skills and experience with Cluster & Always-On Availability group setup
- Possess new technology curiosity and a history of self-technical education; you are not nervous about what you don’t know in technology, but excited about it due to your curiosity
Nice to have:
- SQL Server Stack, SSIS
- Understanding of underlying infrastructure in which database systems reside, ie SAN, Network, Firewalls, Load balancers, Application servers, Web servers, various DR solutions
- SQL Server experience writing system specifications, expert knowledge in SQL (i.e. queries, index and DB I/O performance tuning, tables, forms, stored procedures and, SQL coding and reports)
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.